Nectarine Health™ at Home was recently launched in the US market as a B2B2C product. Within a few years time, the product portfolio will also have a range of customized products for partners globally. In this role, you will work in and lead the team that is responsible for handling all characteristics of embedded Linux development, short range radio modules (mainly Bluetooth and Wi-Fi), protocols and device drivers for our gateways and our wearables. The work is performed closely with other teams – such as AI/ML, product, mechanic developers, industry design, test and back end – which leads to a good understanding and overview of the complete projects and products.
What we do and by that, what you will do:
The embedded team is responsible for all development of our devices including gateways, satellites and a wristband.
Our wristband is running C code on a low energy Nordic semiconductor chipset and has a high focus on low power consumption. Communications between devices are handled via BLE.
The Satellite is also running C on the same Nordic semiconductor chipset. It acts mainly as a BLE repeater to extend the range for our wristbands.
The gateway is both provided with the same Nordic semiconductor chipset but also with a iMX running Yocto to handle more complex logic (written in Go) such as BLE roaming, data aggregation, etc. The gateway is connected to our backend through WIFI and streams all data to a MQTT server.
The Gateway also handles other functionality such as updates for all devices with the help of Eclipse Hawkbit and metric gathering with the help of Prometheus for all devices.
Technologies we use:
- CI/CD with Jenkins
We are looking for a team lead that is a true team player. You should have at least 10 years of experience and a solid interest in working with our tech-stack. Knowing the entire stack is not a requirement, learning is part of the day to day work.
We expect all team members of the embedded team to have:
- A strong understanding of computer architecture & peripherals, embedded systems, event processing, real-time processing, power management.
- Experience building Yocto Linux images, customizing BitBake recipes, and developing Board Support Packages & hardware for new hardware.
- Experience of implementing/maintaining Linux kernel drivers.
- Experience of Bluetooth or Wi-Fi development.
- Beneficial with experience in audio streaming and development
What you will do:
- Take technical responsibility for our embedded devices including maintainability and CI/CD
- Represent the team in cross team activities
- Be part of the Product Governance Board and Architecture Board
- Be the point of contact for external resources and 3rd party collaboration
- Maintain the teams backlog aligned with the Product manager
- Facilitate team activities such as planning and retrospectives.
- Assume a tech lead and / or a team lead role - depending on your profile and preferences.
Who you are:
- You believe that great results are achieved together with others. You can coach, guide and lead when needed.
- You have learned from experience to practice leadership in an inclusive and collaborative style.
- You have a graduate degree in a relevant subject.
- Your communication skills in written & spoken English are excellent. We are an international team and our corporate language is English.
- Also, you enjoy working in a fast paced environment that is about to grow out of the startup phase and enter the challenging and fun phase of scaling up into a global business.
About Nectarine Health
Our goal is to give older people the confidence to live independently in their own home for longer. We believe that better, more intelligent tools can help society maintain high quality care for its ageing global population.
Nectarine Health™ at Home is an AI-based health-tech designed to give seniors the confidence to live independently in their own homes for longer, without having to compromise on their privacy or dignity. It offers peace of mind to caregivers by providing tailored alerts and wellbeing insights. Nectarine Health™ at Home combines a state-of-the-art, discreet, and life-proof wristband and IoT platform that streams sensor data 24/7 in real-time. Artificial intelligence allows us to automate alerts and supports proactive healthcare by detecting both acute events and patterns of behavior which might otherwise go unnoticed.
Nectarine Health is an international company with headquarters in Gamla Stan, Stockholm, Sweden. People at Nectarine Health are geographically distributed over several countries. Our research & development organization is mainly located in the company head office in Sweden, while the commercial teams are organized close to the geographical market. As a company we have embraced remote work. If the nature of your work allows you to work remotely we are supportive of you doing so, given that you settle a balance between working at the office and remote in agreement with your manager.
We are expanding rapidly and looking for those passionate about building state-of-the-art products and services, who want to join our quest to support seniors living independently, healthier and happier in their own homes for longer and who are excited by our global ambitions.
Nectarine Health applies the following for recruitment companies or agencies or equivalent staffing businesses: If a company, or sister company or any group company, in the role as resources, recruiters or directors or any other role within the mentioned companies, send or provide, in any form or channels, a CV or information or contact details of a candidate/candidates, they will be approached directly by Nectarine Health. There will not be any fee to claim for the recruitment-, candidate-, staff introduction or any equivalent nature of services, unless there is a signed contract in place between relevant parties.