Machine Learning Engineer
In 2021, Nectarine Health™ at Home is launched in the US market. Within a few years time, the product portfolio will consist of not only the B2C product, but also a range of customized products for partners globally. As a back-end developer at Nectarine Health you will be part of the team responsible for our cloud platform, including reliability, security and feature development. The back-end is a sophisticated system providing infrastructure for the AI models as well as a data streaming pipeline connecting the data streams from our IoT devices to our customers and end users.
About the role
Nectarine Health’s AI team is responsible for extracting and delivering life-critical insights with high reliability and accuracy from large amounts of sensor data. We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team in Stockholm on a full time basis. You will play an important role in this position by applying your skills in machine learning and software engineering. You will be working closely with other machine learning engineers, as well as with backenders and DevOps engineers. Technology-wise, you will work in a tech landscape of Python, TensorFlow/Keras, Apache Spark, and Google Cloud Platform as the primary frameworks. You will exercise your creativity and strong analytical skills to translate business requirements into AI products and solutions. Taking on this role, you are welcomed to an environment where quality work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded and where individuals carry significant responsibility. You have a desire to work in a startup environment, collaborating and taking initiatives independently. You are self-propelled, a great team player, solution-driven and open-minded with meticulous attention to details and a passion for continuous improvement.
In this role you will:
- Develop AI/ML model architectures for a wide variety of e-health challenges.
- Develop and deploy real-time streaming models on distributed data pipelines at scale in production.
- Assist in data collection and labelling.
- Establish reusable data processing pipelines to enable rapid retraining and iteration through different ML methodologies.
- Write unit and integration tests and perform debugging, code reviews and develop processes for improving code quality.
- Develop and improve existing schemas for algorithm performance monitoring and failure analysis.
- Work closely with cloud architects, backend and data engineers to define robust architectures, pipelines and workflows.
- Work closely with DevOps engineers to ensure delivering code changes more frequently and reliably.
We are looking for you who bring:
- Solid experience in developing and deploying machine learning in production.
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL.
- Proficient with the deep learning framework TensorFlow-Keras.
- Experience with design and training of complex machine learning and deep learning model architectures, including CNN, RNN, SVM, boosting, and decision trees.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and data visualization.
- Experience with Cloud platforms, such as GCP or AWS.
- Experience with Apache Spark including Spark Engine, Spark DataFrame, and Spark Streaming.
- Experience with various DBMS including PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage or similar.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Git, etc.
- Exposure to container orchestration of production environments (Docker and Kubernetes), DevOps and CI/CD.
The followings are considered as merits:
- Background in math and signal processing.
- Experience in applied research.
- Working experience in the Health Tech sector.
- Experience with IMU sensor data.
- GoLang and Scala programming.
- Your Github profile showing your side projects.
We expect you to have excellent English communication skills. We are an international team and our corporate language is English.
You enjoy working in a fast paced environment that is about to grow out of the startup phase and enter the challenging and fun phase of scaling up into a global business.
About Nectarine Health
Our goal is to give older people the confidence to live independently in their own home for longer. We believe that better, more intelligent tools can help society maintain high quality care for its ageing global population.
Nectarine Health™ at Home is an AI-based health-tech designed to give seniors the confidence to live independently in their own homes for longer, without having to compromise on their privacy or dignity. It offers peace of mind to caregivers by providing tailored alerts and wellbeing insights. Nectarine Health™ at Home combines a state-of-the-art, discreet, and life-proof wristband and IoT platform that streams sensor data 24/7 in real-time. Artificial intelligence allows us to automate alerts and supports proactive healthcare by detecting both acute events and patterns of behaviour which might otherwise go unnoticed.
Nectarine Health is an international company with headquarters in Gamla Stan, Stockholm, Sweden. As a company, we are geographically distributed over several countries. Our research & development organization is mainly located in the company head office in Sweden, while the commercial teams are organized close to the geographical market. As a company we have embraced remote work. If the nature of your work allows you to work remotely we are supportive of you doing so, given that you settle a balance between working at the office and remote in agreement with your manager.
We are expanding rapidly and looking for those passionate about building state-of-the-art products and services, who want to join our quest to support seniors living independently, healthier and happier in their own homes for longer and who are excited by our global ambitions.
We will review applications starting immediately and interviews will start as soon as possible. Please send in your application as soon as possible.
Nectarine Health applies the following for recruitment companies or agencies or equivalent staffing businesses: If a company, or sister company or any group company, in the role as resources, recruiters or directors or any other role within the mentioned companies, send or provide, in any form or channels, a CV or information or contact details of a candidate/candidates, they will be approached directly by Nectarine Health. There will not be any fee to claim for the recruitment-, candidate-, staff introduction or any equivalent nature of services, unless there is a signed contract in place between relevant parties.